CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance) is a National level entrance exam which provides admission for UG (Undergraduate), PG (postgraduate) and Integrated Programs in 14 Central And 4 State universities India. Earlier, students were selected on the basis of 12th marks but now you have to take a common Aptitude Test and qualify the exam with qualifying marks.
The exam is a computer based test, which will start soon for the batch of 2022-2023 and will be conducted by NTA ( National Testing Agency).
Reason for conducting 2022 CUCET –
It was observed that there is heavy competition among the top universities with high cut-off marks, so the exam was introduced to lower the high cut-off standards for admission in these reputed colleges. This exam is conducted for admission to great universities like Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, Central University of Punjab etc. Instead of taking multiple entrance exams, you can focus on a single qualifying exam to get admission in these top universities.
CUCET exam date or notification –
CUCET 2022 Application form may be released from the 3rd week of March 2022 through online mode.
The notification or final recommendation on the exam will be issued soon.
The executive council of the University had issued a notice on 17th December 2021, stating that the CUCET exam for UG and PG courses in Central Universities will be conducted from the academic year 2022-23 by NTA. can be conducted through Admission notification likely to release in the month of March 2022.
This exam has been a topic of discussion for a long time. As per the new update the Ministry of Education may announce the CUCET Exam Date will release month of March 2022. There will be only one application form process through which you can apply for different colleges. As per the CUCET exam pattern, the question paper consists of 2 parts.
The full tentative exam dates for CUCET 2022 exam are as follows:
3rd week of March 2022
Submission of Application form
2nd week of March 2022
Last date of accept fee
4th week of March 2022
Admit card publish
2nd week of March 2022
3rd week of March 2022
Answer keys release
4th week of March 2022
Objection in answer key
1st week of March
3rd week of March
Announcement by Delhi University –
Delhi University has announced that the admission in the college will be on the basis of Common Entrance Test only.
Students are now left confused whether this time class 12 marks will be the selection criteria or not.
As per the update the system of best of four / merit-based selection will be abolished from this year onwards.
Possible changes this year –
DU Acting Vice Chancellor PC Joshi said that the admission process will be based on 50% weightage on CUCET and 50% weightage on board exam results
Delhi University Dean (Admission) Shobha Bagai said that if the entrance exam is being conducted then admission should not be done according to the class 12 marks.
Application Fee of CUCET –
The application form fee can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can use Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI payment gateways for transaction of application fee. PWD candidates are exempted from paying any application fee hence application is free for PWD candidates.
Rs. 350/- Rs. 450/-
General/ OBC/ EWS
Rs. 800/- Rs. 1000/-
CUCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria –
- Passed 12th class with minimum 60% is a minor.
- You can apply even if you are studying in class 12th, but, documents have to be submitted when the verification is done.
- All Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
For UG courses –
- The minimum qualifying marks in class 12 will be 50% for general category.
- SC/ ST students will be given 5% relaxation.
For PG Course –
- PG applicants belonging to general category must have 55% marks in aggregate in Bachelor’s degree.
- SC/ST students will be given a relaxation of 5%.
PhD applicants who have qualified CSIR UGC NET (JRF), GATE, NBHM have to compulsorily register for the exam.
Let us understand this in sequence
For UG : Candidates should have passed 10+2 Intermediate Exam from Any Recognized Board.
For PG : To apply, candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from any recognized university.
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India to be eligible for CUCET 2022 exam.
Appearing: Appearing candidates can also apply for this exam but they have to submit the proof of passing the exam before the scheduled date.
CUCET 2022 Application From –
- The application window will open in the month of April 2022 in online mode. There is a common registration process for all the UG, PG and PhD students.
- One can fill the application form of CUCET as per the following steps.
- First of all register yourself as a new user on the official website by filling your introduction.
- Fill the educational qualification, basic details and communication information in the form and login.
- Upload the required documents like photograph, signature.
- This is the last step to pay the application fee in online or offline mode.
- Preview the form before submitting.
- Make sure there is no error and print the final submitted form for future reference.
CUCET Exam Pattern 2022 –
The question paper will consist of the following topics:
- verbal ability,
- quantitative ability,
- logical reasoning,
- Subject-specific tests (to be chosen by the student while filling the form).
Current affairs can be added to this. However, there is no clarity yet as the notification is to be released soon by the government. The patterns adopted earlier are listed below. The number of questions may be different in the new CUCET exam pattern.
Mode of exam
Medium of exam
Sections of part
Part A – aptitude & English
Part B – knowledge
Number of questions
Part A – 25 MCQ
Part B – 75 MCQ
Total – 100 MCQ
Type of questions
Correct answer – +1 Mark
Wrong answer –
Top Universities for CUCET admission –
Although there are 14 Universities, but some know about the top universities in which admission can be taken through CUCET.
- Jamia Millila Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University(JNU)
- Banaras Hindi university
- University of Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim university
Expected Subjects for CUCET 2022 Syllabus –
CUCET Required Subjects for Non-Engineering Courses
There will be only one test paper for these. The question paper will consist of 100 MCQs from English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Knowledge subjects.
CUCET Required Subjects for Engineering Courses
It will consist of 25 MCQs from English, Numerical Aptitude / Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Knowledge subjects.
There will be a domain knowledge-based section that will examine subjects related to Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
You have to answer sections 1 and 2. From Sections 3 and Section 4, only one section either Section 3 or Section 4 should be answered. If a candidate answers both Mathematics and Biology sections, then the best of the three sections i.e. Section 1, 2 and 3 or 4 will be evaluated and the result will be generated.
Section 1 – Physics
Section 2 – Chemistry
Section 3 – Mathematics
Section 4 – Biology
CUCET 2022 preparation –
You can do this to prepare better for the exam.
- Make a proper timetable and follow it strictly.
- Check out the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Avoid any kind of stress and focus on studies.
- Make proper notes and revise them from time to time.