About Geeta Institute of Law
The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by the Bar Council of India. Geeta Institute of law is one of the prestigious Law Institute having honored as being the best 35th law college in India by India Today Ranking.
About the Centre for Environmental Studies
The Centre for Environmental Studies, Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat, Delhi NCR is pleased to announce International Legal Article Writing Competition 2022 on “Contemporary Environmental Issues and Challenges in the Era of Globalization”. The Competition will be conducted and managed by the Centre for Environmental Studies of Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat, and will be held in ONLINE MODE. Interested participants can register themselves by filling out the online Google form after paying the registration fees (As the payment receipt has to be attached in Google Form). The registrations are already open.
The theme of the competition is “Contemporary Environmental Issues and Challenges in the Era of Globalization” and participants are free to choose any of the following Sub-Themes:
- Role of Modern Technology in Globalization
- Increasing Emission vis-à-vis Zero Emission
- Can Governments Cooperate to Protect the Planet?
- Transboundary Trade and Pollution Control
- Natural Resource Extraction and Indigenous Livelihood: Development Challenges in an Era of Globalization
- Geographical Perspective on Globalization and Environmental Issues: The Inner-
- Connections of Conversation, Agriculture, And Livelihoods
- Democracy and Globalization
- Role of International Organizations in protecting Environment
The above list of sub-themes is not exhaustive and other contemporary issues in “Contemporary Environmental Issues and Challenges in the Era of Globalization” can also be opted to written upon.
- Competition Rule
- Eligibility: Students (i.e., under and post graduate), research scholars, legal professionals and others interested in social sciences are eligible to participate.
- Co-authorship of one is allowed.
- Article should be the original work of the participants and must not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). The language of the articles should be English. Any kind of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification. Bluebook 19th edition should be adhered to for the purpose of citations.
- The submission should only in “doc. or docx.” format.
- Font – Time New Roman, Font size- 12, Line spacing- 1.5, Alignment-Justified
- E-Certificates will be provided to all participants.
All participants must register themselves by paying a fee of Rs. 200/- (In case of co-authorship Rs. 350/)- only. In the case of co-authorship, both the participants have to register. Registration can be done by filling out the following Google form latest by 25th February 2022.
Bank/Branch Name: HDFC Bank, Samalkha, Panipat
Account Holder Name: Geeta Institute of Law
Account Number: 13251450000062
IFSC Code: HDFC0001325
Fees can be paid to the above-mentioned account by online channels too such as Paytm/Google Pay/NEFT/RTGS etc.
After Registration Participants can submit their article by filling out the following Google Form Latest by 10th March 2022. for any query participants can send mail on this mail ID: [email protected]
Link for Submission