Law, is definitely a great option to start a career with. Every year lakhs of students get enrolled in the law colleges to study this field and make a career. Most of the Recognised Institutions conduct their Entrance exams to study law in their prestigious coleges. It is conducted for the examination of Post Graduation and Under Graduate levels at the National level and State levels depending on the University or college. After completing the Intermediate studies, one can choose to opt for Law and for that you have to appear for entrance exams of your preffered state university.
As we know, there are more than 1,000 law colleges in India. Admission to the top-ranked colleges and universities is given through the law Entrance Exam. Mainly the top most Law University which is Recognised by Bar council of India is National Law University, commonly known as NLU. Therefore, students who want to do law courses from these law colleges can get admission in these Universities by giving law entrance exams conducted by these Universities.
The field is bold and fascinating, anyone who is convinced at heart has a flair for reading the ever-changing laws and principles, can become a lawyer. Law Entrance Exam 2022, is conducted at both the National and State levels. There are many options in Law like Corporate, Sports, Music, Real Estate, Finance, Bankruptcy, etc. Students can choose any one of them as per their choice to get expertise late on.
Basic Eligibility Criteria Law Entrance Exam –
To take admission in UG course in any law college, you must have these basic qualifications:
- For UG courses –
like BA, LLB, BBA LLB, BSc LLB: 12th class or equivalent examination.
- For PG course –
you must have these basic qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any law course.
List of Law Entrance Exams in India
UG Law Entrance Exams in India –
- AIL Entrance Test (Army Institute of Law B.A. LL.B Entrance Test).
- AILET (All India Law Entrance Test organized by NLU, Delhi).
- AMU Law Entrance Exam (Aligarh Muslim University, Law Entrance Exam).
- BHU UET Law ( LLB. Entrance Exam organized by Banaras Hindu University).
- BLAT (BHU BA LLB Admission Test).
- BVP CET Law (Bharati Vidyapeeth University Common Entrance Test).
- Christ University Law (Christ University Law Entrance Exam organized by Christ University).
- CLAT (Common Law Admission Test organized by RGNUL).
- CUSAT LLB Entrance Exam (Cochin University of Science and Technology BA/B.Com LL.B Entrance Exam).
- DU LLB Entrance Exam (Faculty of Law, Delhi University Law Entrance Exam organized by DU).
- IPU CET LLB (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test Law organized by GGSIPU).
- JMI Law Entrance Exam (Jamia Millia Islamia Law Entrance Exam organized by Jamia Millia Islamia).
- KLEE (Kerala Law Entrance Exam).
- LAT (Allahabad University LLB Admission Test).
- LAWCET (Law Common Entrance Test).
- LFAT (Allahabad University BA LLB Admission ).
- LSAT-INDIA (Law School Admission Test India organized by LSAC).
- Panjab University LLB (Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam).
- RULET (Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test).
- SET Law (Symbiosis Law Entrance Test organized by Symbiosis Law School).
- ULSAT (UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test organized by UPES).
PG Law Entrance Exams in India –
- AP PGLCET 2022.
- AIBE (All India Bar Exam).
- AILET PG (All India Law Entrance Test for LLM Programme).
- Allahabad University LLM (Allahabad University LLM Entrance Exam).
- AMU LLM Entrance Exam (Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Post Graduate Law Entrance Exam).
- CLAT PG (Common Law Admission Test for LLM Programme).
- DU LLM Entrance Exam (Faculty of Law, Delhi University Post Graduate Law Entrance Exam).
- ILI CAT (Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test).
- IPU CET LLM (IP University LLM Entrance Exam).
- JUET (Jammu University Entrance Test).
- LSAT India PG ( School Admission Test for LLM Programme).
- PGLCET (Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test).
Top Law Entrance Exam Test –
The most sought-after and popular exam is the CLAT exam, which is the gateway for admission to the National Law University in India. These NLU placements are also highly acclaimed. However, many private colleges like Symbiosis, Xavier’s, LLOOD claim a 100% placement guarantee.
CLAT exam 2022
It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by National LAW Universities (NLUs) every year for the admission process of UG and PG and Integrated LAW courses offered by NLUs. It is considered as the gateway to 22 National Law Universities situated at different states in India. More than 2 lakh students appear for CLAT every year. CLAT 2022 Online Application Form will start in the month of January 2022. Its exam can be held on 8 May 2022.
Click here for application form and details – Clat 2022
Important dates –
- 1st January ( has released application form)
- 31 March ( last date of submission)
- Aprail 2022 ( availability of the admit card)
- 8 may 2022 ( CLAT exam)
- June 2022 ( released result)
LSAT Exam 2022
Its full name is Law School Admission Test. It is a worldwide level entrance exam conducted by Law School Admission Council (LSAC) for UG programs like BA LLB, BSc. LLB and B.Com LLB. This exam is conducted four times a year in February, June, October and December. LSAC has started the LSAT India 2022 registration. The registrations for the January exam are open till January 3, 2022, and the registration for the May test is open till April 25, 2022. The first exam will be conducted on January 15, 2022 and the second exam will be conducted over a period of 5 days starting from May 9, 2022.
Its full name is All India Bar Examination. It is an all-India bar examination conducted at a national level overseen by the Bar Council of India (BCI). After the successful completion of the exam, the qualified candidate gets a ‘Certificate of Practice’. This exam is not conducted exclusively for giving admission in law courses but the main reason for conducting this entrance test is to check the capabilities of a lawyer to enhance the law professionals across the country. This test checks the candidate’s abilities and basic knowledge of law and motivates them towards law.
AILET Exam 2022
Its full name is All India Law Entrance Test. The National Law University, Delhi had started the All India Law Entrance Test. This exam is conducted for the candidates who want to take admission in the UG and PG level examinations. It is organized every year by the National Law University (NLU), Delhi. Interested candidates can apply online who have completed their 10+2 and want admission in UG/PG Law courses. Candidates can fill the AILET 2022 application form and submit it online from January 2022.
Click here for more details – AILET EXAM 2022
Important dates –
- 1 May 2022 ( exam)
- 17 January ( application form release)
IPU CET 2022
It’s full name is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test. IPU CET 2022 application form is released through online mode only. The exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission in various offered programs of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Through this exam, qualified candidates will get admission in various UG, PG programs including MBA, B.Tech, M.Tech, LLB, MCA in university campuses. It is organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). It is specially conducted for admission in BA LLB and BBA LLB. Its application form will be available in the month of April 2022.
Delhi University Law Entrance Exam 2022 –
The exam for admission to DU LLB/LLM is conducted by the University of Delhi in the English language. The application form will be provided in the month of April. This exam is conducted in the English language. The dates for the entrance exam for LLB and LLM may differ from each other. Interested candidates can get admission in law programs in Delhi University. The application forms are available by the university in the month of April 2022.
Important dates –
- 1st week of June ( application form)
- 1st week of August ( DU LLB exam ).
AMU Law Entrance Exam 2022 –
It’s full name is Aligarh Muslim University. The application form for AMU Admission 2022 will be released in the second week of April 2022. This exam will be conducted in offline mode. This is one of the most important and famous entrance exam which is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University. By qualifying this exam, interested candidates can apply for BA LLB admission.
Important date –
- 3rd week of January (start online application)
- 3rd week of February ( last date of submission)
- 4th week of may (conducted exam).
SET Exam 2022 –
Its full name is Symbiosis Entrance Test. This exam is conducted every year by Symbiosis University to provide admission in various undergraduate law courses. This university offers over 300 seats for admission to five-year integrated LLB courses and some 60 seats for admission to three-year law courses.
SET Exam 2022 important dates –
- SET 2022 is likely to be conducted in the first week of May 2022 in Computer Based Test Mode.
- SET 2022 Application Form likely to release in 3rd week of January 2022 on official website.
- The registration window for SET 2022 is likely to remain open till the third week of April 2022.
The SET 2021 exam was conducted for four days, i.e. from July 10 to July 13.
SAAT Exam 2022 –
It’s full name is Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test. The SAAT 2022 registration form will be started from the first week of February 2022 through online mode only. SAAT stands for Education ‘O’ Research University Entrance Test. It is a national level examination which is conducted through Shiksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University. This exam is conducted for admission to various courses offered through several university constituent colleges.
SAAT 2022 important dates –
- 1st week of February 2022 (commencement of registration)
- Last week of may 2022 (last date of submission)
- 1st week of June (availability of admit card)
- June 2022 (conduct SAAT exam)
- July 2022 ( declaration result).